Thank you for your interest in volunteering! We are now at our max for volunteer capacity for Saturday. Please feel free to attend the event and say hi to SPEC while you are there.
You’re invited to be a part of the 2019 World Oceans Day Education Fair on Saturday, June 8!
The UN Association of Canada--Vancouver Branch, the City of Vancouver, Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup and Surfrider Vancouver are hosting this second annual event filled with ocean education and direct conservation action.
The day will include an educational fair, panel speakers, and a shoreline cleanup. SPEC will be there during the Educational Fair to represent the work we do for the community in zero waste, food and environment, and clean energy and transportation, and we need volunteers to help us engage the public!
DATE: Saturday, June 8th
LOCATION: Hinge Park, 215 W 1st Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia
Education Fair Set-up: 10:00am-10:30am
Education Fair: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Panel: 11:30am - 12:45pm
Shoreline Cleanup: 10:30am-2:30pm with an official clean up starting at 12:45pm
Volunteer Shift 1: 10:00am - 12:30pm (includes set up)
Volunteer Shift 2: 12:30pm - 3:00pm (includes take down)
- Engage the public on SPEC's mission and our work in the community.
- Help teach the public about living more sustainably using our outreach material and displays.
- Learn more about SPEC's work to promote sustainability in Vancouver
- Meet a talented group of volunteers and make connections across waste, energy, transportation, and food sectors.
- Be a part of a wonderful and educational event and get the opportunity to chat with other organizations and be a part of the beach cleanup.
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/285349605722809/
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org